Wednesday 26 October 2011

Proverbially Yours Research

The only Proverb related posters I could find were things like this, which look 'orrid and very typical.








I came across a Graphic Designer called Richard Perez who's style I really like. He keeps it very simple and high impact.


This poster is quite similar to Fairey's 'Obey Giant' in style and sentiment. 
The poster below is solely type and it looks really good. This is something I would like to do, I can never seem to pick the right type, it never looks like a finished piece like this does.

I especially like this poster called :'Things I Like number 246"I love it because it is such a random selection of things and the little characters are really simple and full of character. I also think that the typeface suits the style of illustration well, which is something I struggle to do.



These are some illustrations I found in Illustralia: Digital Illustration, I think that the style these are done in would be applicable to the meaning and sentiment of my 'It takes two to tango' posters.'


FriendsWithYou

Pia Wall


Daniel Robert
This Simple and playful work would work well to express my proverb and the simplicity will lend itself to the 2 colour restriction.




No comments:

Post a Comment